Freeman Fong has been an architect for over 35 years. His experience encompasses commercial, governmental and residential projects. Freeman is a creative designer who welcomes the challenge of difficult design restrictions. He has expertise in budgeting, programming, scheduling, contract document preparation and construction administration.
Freeman maintains open, active communication between all participants, believing that this is essential to the success of every project. He creates client, corporate and agency confidence on complex projects with his organizational and management skills. His wide-ranging experience and creative approach make him open to unconventional, unexpected design solutions. His broad project management experience enables him to work well with diverse people and groups.
• Master Of Architecture, University Of Washington – Seattle, WA 1976
• Bachelor Of Arts In Architecture, University Of California – Berkeley, CA 1972
• Cold Regions Engineering, University Of Washington – Seattle, WA 2012
Registration & Certification:
• Certified – National Council Of Architectural Boards
• Registered Architect – Washington (1980), California (1980), Oregon (2005), Idaho (2011), Alaska (2012)
• American Institute Of Architects
• BEX Programs Oversight Committee Member, Seattle Public Schools
• Seattle Rotary 4
• Past International Special Review District Board Member, City Of Seattle
• Tau Sigma Delta, University Of Washington Honor Fraternity
• Seattle Times/AIA Home Of The Month – June, 2003 & January, 1990
• Award In Remodeling Excellence, BIAW (Building Industry Of Washington) – 2003
• Special Commendation For Study On Conversions & Improvements, U.S. Courthouse, Seattle, WA – A copy of this study was placed in the National Archives
• Special Recognition By Washington State General Administration - For thorough and concise documentation of Predesign Study for the Mission Creek Corrections Center for Women 100 Bed Expansion Project
About Freeman Architects, Inc
Founded in 1987, Freeman Architects, Inc provides full architectural services throughout the Northwest. The firm specializes in the planning and design of Department of Defense, commercial, public, residential, judicial and correctional facilities. Our experience ranges from new construction to historic preservation, rehabilitation, remodels and tenant improvements. In addition, Freeman Architects, Inc furnishes services in project and contract management and feasibility studies. We have the capability to complete projects of any scale while ensuring the client’s confidence and product quality throughout the project.
The firm employs a staff of talented designers dedicated to superb service and intelligent design. We find creative design opportunities for even the simplest projects. Because architecture is more than fashion, we provide solid design solutions that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. The materials and design details that we utilize wear well without going out of style. We create designs that express our client’s desires and meet the challenge of complicated design constraints. We are fast, capable problem solvers who create appealing, affordable solutions to complex design challenges. We feel that the best design results from the partnership between clients, contractors and architects who understand and respond to one another with respect and trust.
Freeman Architects, Inc is committed to quality, innovation and service. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to deliver the highest quality personalized service for which we are known. Our creativity and flexibility allows us to approach each project without preconceived ideas. We strive to create a unique design solution, regardless of size or complexity.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||8:00am - 5:00pm|